Saturday, March 25, 2006

South Park: Guardians of Morality and Quality


Some of you are probably thinking, how can this loser say South Park is so great. Well, if any of thsoe people have been reading the celebrities columns, they can get where I want you guys to get to. South Park is now a conservatives Hollywood haters best friend.

You guys know Tom Cruise, you know John Travolta. Guys who get gigs not because they are good in films but because they're liberal and moderately attractive. They are also scientologists, the absolute wierdest religon on the planet. It involves aliens coming down to earth, jumping on sofas, and having a hippy follow you around EVERYWHERE in a kind of voluntary stalking. Nothing wrong with that, if that's what you believe. I believe Jesus's blood fills up millions of cups around the world every other hour. Except on Good Friday of course. That's just me. But this guy who voices Chef, a character on the show, quits because Mat Stone and Trey Parker want to make fun of scientology. Then a war against the religon starts on the show. I would like to applaud the war effort. I'm not saying I wouldn't be mad if Catholics got dissed on my show, but this Chef guy has stood around and watched millions of people get dissed up, not saying a peep. Even I can make good natured jokes at my own faith, ask my Jewish friend. We have friendly religious humor.

This week Chef got joined a "Club" on the show, one that turns kids into child molesters. (Hmmm...Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes?) While his friends tell him not to go, he ends up dying. He falls off a cliff, is burned, stabbed, and mauled apart by a bear. His friends then give him a touching ulogy about how it wasn't his fault he "left" them, and that the club was dangerous and tore him right apart. Very nice. Pretty obvious symblism if you ask me.

As a person, I can see how this material is offensive. As a conservative Catholic American media hater, I cheer the show on.

3 comments:

Paul said...

Hmmmm Chef Chef, OH Yeah he sang the shaft song!!! Can you dig it!!!
This story is another reason why Comedy Central Is better that ABC NBC or CBS OR FOX OR UPN OR WB OR CNN or Al Jazeera!
But i mean anything is better than UPN.
As YOu can tell by me frequent misspellings and grammer mistakes I get my nightly news from two fellows by the name of Jon Stewart and his much much funnier sidekick Stephen Colbert (Pronouced Cole-Bear)
They wont put the liberal SCIENTOLOGY loving spin on things like Fox news or other baised shows like GEORGE FREAKIN STEPONOUPOLIS!
-Paul

Waldo J. Cartridge said...

I hate the media.

Waldo J. Cartridge said...

Al Jezeera is a little bit better than Comedy Central, but it is pretty close.