Friday, March 24, 2006

Annie Proulx: The Woman


This week's entertainment spotlight is on Brokeback Mountain author Annie Proulx. You're probably all thinking, Waldo's a fri'in conservative, how did Brokeback start getting his praise? Is Woody finally coming out of the closet? The answer to those questions is No, no no no. But you're getting close. This week's Time magazine taught me that Proulx can now be considered a hero in the eyes of Hollywood bashers.

In response to her loss on Sunday, Annie had a few words to say to Hollywood bigwigs. I once promised myself never to use words like that in jounalism, I'm sorry, now it's over. She dissed up Crash, letting Paul Haggis know how she felt about it's weak plot and lack of complexity. She dubbed it "Trash". Then she called the Oscars a "small-town talent show night!" Yeah baby! You go girl! After all, in a strong talent show of the like, Paul Giamatti would definitely be worthy of an award. I know, I still haven't even gotten over that one. Then Proulx went on to diss Three 6 Mafia! Wow! When did they get dragged into this one? I love you Annie! It was "artocious!" Go get 'em!




Mafia.






An all around excelent performance, dissing the "dim" crowd of Sunday night biggots. Very good Annie.

No comments: