Saturday, April 22, 2006

The Sentinel and The Tub



Last night, I went to see Kiefer Sutherland's new film, The Sentinel, With blogging buddy "Big Lee", who found himself quite unable to order Regal Cinema's famous "Tub" of popcorn.









Lee was subject to hysterical laughter while an attractive consession stand woman eyed him in disgust. I, quite frankly, don't see what is so funny about the Tub. I can see plenty of things delicious about it, as we refilled the Tub twice. Free refills. Ah.


After seeing the film, I decided to take on a project never attempted before on the Waldo Files: a genuine film review. Buckle your seat belts, it's coming right at you.


WALDO'S TAKE ON THE SENTINEL

The Sentinel, staring Michael Douglas and Kiefer Sutherland, may be an enteraining film, but it's certainly no 24. The casting of Sutherland in a supporting role as Special Agent David Beckenridge may have caused fans to get their hopes up. I would like to tell those fans that Sutherland's role isn't big, and his performance is nothing special. Every scene with Kiefer and a gun is pure magic. Unfortunately, much of the focus is on Douglas, the hero the audience doesn't really want to be a hero. And don't expect Kiefer to wind up together with Desperate Housewife Eva Longoria. IT DOESN'T HAPPEN! I know I was disapointed.

The life-like handling of the Secret Service is interesting to anti-terrorism buffs like myself, and the opening scenes featuring legendary President Ronald Reagen are a treat. I guess the film plays well to conservatives, an uncommon but much-treasured trait for a Hollywood project. The characters, however, are shallow and undeveloped. We all wanted to know more about Beckenridge and Special Agent Pete Garrison (Douglas)'s relationship, and are left wanting more. The ending fight-scene is also very anti-climactical. Oh well. Always room for a sequel.

4 comments:

invalid parameter said...

Seems you are the one who has a lot of comments ;-)
But you maybe didn't see that my blog is arround for quite a while, actually March 2003.

Why don't you but my link in the "Edit me" fields on the right Sidebar?

CU Alexander

Scanman said...

damn i wanted it to be good

Paul said...

lol the tub hahahahaha if Liam found her actractive she must have been ugly cause he has veryyyyy bad taste.



I MEAN COME ON ASHLEE SIMPSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scanman said...

new post !