Saturday, November 04, 2006

Urgent-Upgrade to Blogger Beta!

I'm just posting to remind EVERYONE to follow in my own and Smorrison's footsteps and upgrade your blogs. One major reason I find this necessary is that now I cannot comment on any blogs that don't allow anonymous comments. It's also much easier to use, and turns a lame blog into an elite forum.

I also want to address Michard's claim that blogging is a waste of time.

Blogging is by no means a waste of time. This is a permanent online journal. A blogger can look back at this any time in his life, which will remind him who he was and what he was thinking when he wrote it. Publishing writing is never a waste of time. Authors of books like the Bible and the Communist Manifesto changed the world by publishing their work. And as proven by the Waldo SiteMeter, people all over the world can and do read these blogs. In only one day since November 2nd, when the meter was installed, I got hits from Foriegn countries like Taiwan, France, and the United States. Cities like Taipei, Illes de Callais, Washington DC, Carleton Michigan, and Waltham Massachusetts. All in just one day! I hope this will convince people like Michard that blogging is an important medium to express oneself.

I would also like to announce that I am officially a contributor to the HFAC Blog. Perhaps Bilal, Ish and John will also get personal blogs and join our blogring.

4 comments:

Scanman said...

amen about the waste of time

Michard said...

Alright W, you have a point about the jounal thing, but I'm not backing down. It is kind of sort of a waste of time. I might update my blog though.
-Michard

Michard said...

W, can you tell me how to update it, and also how to change my comment link. I'm going to change it from comments to Pledges to Free Mumia, or something like that.
-Michard

Scanman said...

mine is better than all yalls. Right now it says,"0 Hippies in the Van" Cmon guys get in the van!