Monday, September 25, 2006

The Blog War

There was a blog war! Although I wasn't involved much, I did read about it, and was disgusted at the level of anger and betrayal displayed by those I left as good friends. The war was started by Michard, but the one I feel most sorry for was Josef D. Guttenhiemer, who was under constant attack by his so-called "friends." You should all be ashamed of yourselves. I've been involved in blog conflicts before, don't get me wrong. But those were about ideas. These attacks were personal and cruel. I maintain the belief that you were all wrong. Wrong to fight, wrong in principle, and wrong to backstab eachother, waiting but two months after I left.

*Michard, you were wrong to start this war in the first place.

*Big Lee, you were wrong in your personal attacks. This displayed a lack of character.

*Chambers, you were wrong to give up so easily. You stooped down to Big Lee's level. You also surrendered without putting up a fight.

*Scanman, you were wrong because you never posted.

And so now I look to JVarn and Paul of Paul's Rants. The three of us were never involved in this savage fight. Can we find it in ourselves to forgive? Will we be able to pave the path of peace and let this behind our backs? I hope the answer is yes, for I fear there is more to come. In fact, Big Lee has already got mad at Chambers again, just because I called him first.

And so now there is only one answer for peace. And that is me. I, Waldo J. Cartridge, take it upon myself to maintain peace and happiness in the blog world. Why? Because my blog is the best. I threaten retalliation on whoever tries to start another war. And trust me, you won't be able to come back after what I throw at you.


WHY WALDO?


In the opinion of just about everyone from the blog ring, my blog is the best. Let's take a look at why.

-Mine is the oldest, the first blog in the blog ring.

-I have mastered the technical issues, including comment titles and links lists.

-I have the most posts. (I think.)

-I have by far the most profile views. (Over 1000.)

-I have the most interesting post material.

-I have been updating without even having access to the internet. Some bloggers with this luxury don't post anyway.

So if the other bloggers I know desire peace as much as I do, we will all put this behind ourselves and look to the blogging future. It's about time we refocus our gaze and care more about the larger world than ourselves.

Now that the war is over, I still have a few questions. Where was Paul of
Paul's Rants during all of this? What was the "atomic bomb" that ended the war? Maybe I will find the answers, maybe not. Either way, it's about time to take a break and appreciate peace.

-Waldo J. Cartridge

12 comments:

Paul said...

I love peace!!`

Scanman said...

Check agian. I did post. And it was the post that made Chambers surrender. GET AN EMAIL!
PEACE

Michard said...

Hey, I am all for peace too. Here are some reasons that I shouldn't get a lot of blame for this.
-Nobody knew that this post, that was intended as a joke mind you, would start a war. Even you W. couldn't have said that you knew that post was going to start this thing.
-I only stuck up for my ally in the war who took so much crap. I could have easily given up, and said, Chambers, we're losing becase of you, I am dropping out and not defending you anymore. I could have made fun of him too.
-I was the only one to remain silent during this entire thing. Did I attack Liam, (during the war, not after) NO. Did I attack Pat at all, the answer, NO.
Come on, I deserve little blame for this.
But by the way, another soild post. Hope all is well there.
-Michard

Bobby M said...

War happens. Chambers was asking for it. If you look back through his comments, he said "bring it on" in multiple forms.

The atomic bomb was a picture of Chambers featuring several "negative details" as well as a few syblimonal messages. Pat and I made photo copies and threatened to spread them if Chambers did not surrender. He did, just as we knew he would, and the war ended. Thats it. It's ancient history now.

As for Fidel Giamatti, he just doesn't post anymore. Plain and simple.

Josef D Guttenheimer said...

WAR IS OVER!!

Bobby M said...

Perhaps you made the first blog account, but Alex posted first. If you look back in the archives, it is clearly shown that his first post was March 14, and yours was March 15. Thats really what we have to base the "who got the first blog" question on.

Michard said...

W. I agree about football. We did the best in the draft, and the worst 2 would have to be Lee and Chambers...Although, no predictions from me. They weren't exactly right on last time.
-Michard

Scanman said...

hey, remember to check out all of my postS
-
-

Bobby M said...

I don't want to get into a whole thing with you Waldo. I'm not denying that your blog is good, possibly the best. But the argument that it was the first is weak. Alex definately posted first, making him the first one with a BLOG. You meerly had a "blog account." Like I said, I am a big fan of you and your blog. But to say that it was the first one of the "circle" is very inaccurate. One of the first, yes. But the very first? No.

Bobby M said...

I play you first in our fantasy league. Right now you're projected to win but I'm expecting two new players to be added to the roster tomorrow. It should be anyone's game. Do you get to watch football in the UAE?

Michard said...

Hey W. does your blog take forever to load your posts? Lately, mine does and I am not to sure why....
-Michard

Bobby M said...

At least you get to watch games and can follow the fantasy league. In case you hadn't checked, you're now estimated to have 71 points and I'm up to 69. Anyone's game, W.