Saturday, December 02, 2006

Yay!


Horay! It's December 2nd, UAE National Day. It was thiry-five years ago today that Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan al Nayan founded this wondeful nation. That's Sheikh Zayed himself on the picture I made on paint. (Zayed died in 2004.) There's also an Emirates flag, and that other stuff is supposed to be fireworks and a shinging light. Okay, I admit, it's no masterpiece, but I threw it together at the last minute. And its a good thing I'm getting in on the celebration. All the way down the Corniche, there's locals sitting on top of their cars, revving the engines and shooting off the fireworks. Happy birthday, United Arab Emirates.
~
(Note: There has been a high concentration of posts this weekend. I'm catching up on recent apathy. Make sure to read anything you haven't seen yet.)

9 comments:

Bobby M said...

Happy UAE day. I think this is the first time I've been the first one to comment on your blog.

Scanman said...

Wally, go see tenacious d. BEST MOVIE I HAVE EVER SEEN. I bought the soundtrack. maybe i'll put an audio clip on my blog. along with snakes on a plane, it is a cult classic. a must see. If your parents say no just say that its only rated R for potty mouth. It really is.

Josef D. Guttenheimer said...

i like july 4th better

ItalianStallion said...

Waldo, it's me... your worst nightmare. People call me Antonio. I forgot my username/password so I had to make a new one just to post this comment. Yeah, it's that important. Anyways

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=web_logs

YES TAKE THAT ALL OF YOU BLOGGERS! I really hate to do this Waldo, since you're not back home in the states for me to rip on you personally... but oh well. I expect a reply to the email legendaryitie@yahoo.com
I'm sure you get the email name pun... or atleast you should. If you don't responde there, then there's a very good chance that I won't get the response, since I haven't read your blog since you left... sorry mate. Tell me if the link wont work for you for some reason and I'll give it to you again. Bye John

Michard said...

You know how I fell about it W (Tenacious D)
-Michard

Josef D. Guttenheimer said...

thats weird about the jews over there. i thought that was more of an ancient thing.

is the UAE sunni or shiite

Josef D. Guttenheimer said...

John, I'm writing a James Bond story partly based on you in Abu Dhabi, it takes place in the Mid-East a lot. I need character names especially a bad game.

James is also gunna have an ally in the mideast and a hot arab girl so i need names.

felix leiter will have a cameo along with Q.

Josef D. Guttenheimer said...

gunnison, i have 2 emails

jedi007@comcast.net

bosoxjedi092@yahoo.com

the yahoo one is the one i use more.

Casey Affleck said...

Good times, guys. Check out the newest blogging sensation at superslick-jbgunn.blogspot.com!