Friday, October 13, 2006

Best Director-Results

And The Waldo Goes To...
Mel Gibson!

Mel Gibson walked away with a Waldo after the online votes hailed him king. Mel won by majority vote, and I was not needed to break a tie. Everything seemed to go pretty smoothly as the first Waldo was awarded last night.

But maybe it was a bit too smooth. For an award given to a man like Mel, there was little intensity or vigor. Some bloggers even refused to vote! Imagine that. I want to make it clear that my nominees will not always be the best choices. That's why write-in votes can be used whenever nessecairy.

I also found it just a tad distressing that the Waldo Awards were plagerized by two bloggers I trusted pretty well. The Waldos are the Waldos. There are no other awards like them. Better than them? Perhaps. But the same? No. That's why I found it odd that Smorrison and Michard's posts seemed so familiar. Maybe in the future we can try harder to think up more original posts.

WALDO'S TAKE

I'm sure some people are wondering, "Hey, what did Waldo think about the results?" Well, even if you weren't wondering, I'm going to answer.

If I could have chosen the winners...

I might have ordered the nominees like this:

1. Orson Welles

2. Alfred Hitchcock

3. David Lean

4. Mel Gibson

However, all of the nominees were fine choices. Even if my desicion would have been different, Mel's win made my lot a lot easier. Gibson was much less difficult to track down than any of the other nominees, considering they've all passed away.

Watch out for the next award!

7 comments:

Scanman said...

I cant believe it! Everyone is so stupid. they considered this an acting competition. Mel directed like 3 movies

Bobby M said...

Yeah, but they were good movies. Braveheart was a fine piece of cinema. It's not quantity, its quality scanman. Mel Gibson has a lot of quality in his films. We need a new category!!!

Josef D Guttenheimer said...

pfffff.

racist pig.

Michard said...

Pat, I really can't beleive how stupid you are. I..words can't describe it. Whatever, but W., One, I think that I might be implied in there as the person that "plagerized the Waldos." You need to get over that the MAAAs are an origonal thing that do not redo anyone's award idea. Also, I was suprised that you put Mel fourth. Wow, but whatever, it's the majority vote that counts...
-Michard

Paul said...

Wait...... did Gibson direct Birth Of A Nation

Michard said...

Okay Pat, Good Lord. You need to settle down, and as for you W, you need to vote!!!!!!!!!!!!
-Michard

Michard said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.